I can’t believe 2014 is coming to a close. For me, it was a tumultuous year and I’m not all that sorry to see it go. However, it wasn’t all bad and I’m the type who tries to focus on the positive. Here are some of my successes.
- I released two books: Confessions From A Coffee Shop and Claudia Must Die.
- My 99 cent sales were quite successful.
- Just yesterday, A Woman Lost was listed on Bookbub and as of writing, the novel is number one in the Lesbian Romance genre.
- Claudia Must Die, released on December 8th, already has ten reviews on Amazon. Thank you to all the reviewers!
- The sequel to my first novel, A Woman Lost, is with the proofreader and I hope to release it early in 2015.
- And through all the good and bad, I continued writing.
Many of you know I set a goal of writing 20000 words this month. As of now, I need to hammer out 8500 words to meet the goal. Fingers crossed!
The next couple of weeks I hope to outline my goals for 2015. Usually I don’t share these goals on my blog, but I just might. Ever since I started to announce my word count goals on the blog, I have noticed a stronger commitment to meet them. And it’s fun and encouraging to have cheerleaders on the sidelines. All of you are amazing and so extremely supportive. Thank you!
VITAMINS AND DEATH by Medeia Sharif
YA Contemporary, Prizm Books
Release Date December 10, 2014
Deidra Battle wants nothing more than to be invisible. After her mother, a public school teacher, engages in an embarrassing teacher-student affair at Lincoln High, they relocate to a different neighborhood and school. Being her mother’s briefcase, Deidra joins her mother at her new workplace, Hodge High. Since her mother has reverted to her maiden name and changed her appearance, she thinks no one will figure out they’re the Battles from recent news and that they’re safe. Neither of them is. Hodge brings a fresh set of bullies who discover details about the scandal that changed Deidra’s life. Feeling trapped at home with an emotionally abusive, pill-addicted mother and at school with hostile classmates who attempt to assault and blackmail her, Deidra yearns for freedom, even if she has to act out of character and hurt others in the process. Freedom comes at a price.
Find Medeia, Multi-published YA and MG Author
Before you go!
Don’t forget to visit the Rafflecopter giveaway